Monday, May 9, 2011

Even EASIER Dresses for Africa tutorial!

Thank you to Annette Flint of the Aliso Creek Ward who did a little research and found an even easier way of doing the little pillowcase-style dresses for those of us who are sewing challenged. This involves inexpensive yardages of fabric to make dresses for African children.


Here are the YouTube tutorials you can follow. For the pillowcase dress pattern, click here:


http://youtu.be/DjFzaN969YY


For the tutorial on the French seam, click here:
http://youtu.be/nvb2TaHUu-U


Annette also adds the following note regarding measurements:


I didn't want to buy this ladies dress pattern online so I just winged the measurements myself.  If people want to make the same size dress I did then here are my measurements:

Length: 21"
Width: 17"
Armholes: After folding the garment in half I did 2" in and 5 1/2" down.  I then just hand drew a curve connecting the two measurements like she does in the video. 

Make sure you use an ironing board and starch if you plan on using this pattern, I couldn't do it without them.



Thanks, Annette!

No comments:

Post a Comment